WELCOME

Welcome to our family Blog. We hope to keep
family and friends from near and far updated on our lives!


Monday, December 13, 2010

Welcome Baby Nolan 12-7-10

Nolan is finally here and we're getting settled in at home trying to figure out a routine and learning his needs. He is absolutely perfect in every way and I can't believe I could love something this much. We can't decide who he looks like more, but I think he's got more of his daddy's features. We'll see in the next few months as he starts filling out and looking more like he'll look as he gets older.
The c-section birth wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The spinal block was definitely painful and not fun, but it was done pretty quick and I had wonderful surgery nurses to help take care of me. Nolan was born within a half an hour of starting the procedure and the whole thing was over in just under an hour. He was born at 7:57 am and was 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. His head was 14 and a half inches around which I guess is pretty good size. It also is deceptively large since he didn't have to get squished out the birth canal and form a cone head like many babies have after they're born vaginally. That's fine with me because the bigger the head the bigger the brain so hes going to be really smart!!!
We made it back to the postpartum room and started our journey as a new family. Recovering hasn't been that bad. I'm sore but not in a lot of pain and Nolan has been such a joy. Don't get me wrong, he fusses like any other baby and breast feeding hasn't been the easiest thing to get a handle on, but I'm enjoying every minute of being a mommy. Frank has been so good with him as well and has taken to fatherhood better than I could have hoped for. He's so attentive to both of our needs and I think worries more than I do. Here are some pictures from the hospital.











No comments:

Post a Comment