WELCOME

Welcome to our family Blog. We hope to keep
family and friends from near and far updated on our lives!


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dancing for Birth

I just got home from my first Dancing for Birth class. I'm sure most of you haven't heard about this because I know I hadn't before I stumbled upon it while trying to find a prenatal exercise class that wasn't just yoga. It combines African, Latin, Caribbean, and Belly dance to help you have an easier and less painful labor and stay in shape during pregnancy. I had the best time and would highly recommend it for all pregnant women. It was so much fun and it's such a neat way to celebrate being pregnant while exercising. Because I felt like nauseous or tired most of the 1st trimester the only exercise I did was walking. I'm so glad I found something that is fun, keeps me in shape, and will hopefully help me through labor. We even did some Cumbia tonight which is a Latin dance that I used to incorporate when I taught Zumba so it was right up my alley. For more information you can visit www.dancingforbirth.com and you should be able to find a class hopefully near you. You can also visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0-jZx29kY and check out a video that shows a little more about it. This class is 23 miles from my house but it is so worth the drive. I can't wait for the next class!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! But to be honest, I almost spit out the beer I was drinking when I first read your post. It made me laugh, but it does sound fun. Glad you like it. But don't knock prenatal yoga. I loved it, and it helped sooo much when I took it later in my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lindsey! Exercising is one of the best things you can do throughout your pregnancy to stay healthy and help you have an easier labor. I exercised up until my 9 month with both of mine.

    ReplyDelete